Camden Chatters.While you were at work yesterday, the ro

in News 16.07.2019 03:49
von panxing18 • 160 Beiträge

Fresh off their series split in Boston Gary Carter Jersey , the O’s have the fifth-most road wins in the majors this season. Not bad!"Good morning, ad warriors known as the Orioles bagged another victory, an 8-1 rout in the annual 11 a.m. Patriots’ Day game in Boston. If you missed any of the action because of that pesky thing called a job, I recapped the satisfying O’s win.The Orioles have now emerged from their first three road series, each against AL East opponents, with a 6-4 record. They’ve won two series and split one. Last year, the Orioles didn’t win their second road series until June. It took them until their 10th road series to do so.Heck, last year, the Orioles didn’t even win their sixth game on the road until May 24. At that point, their road record was 6-21.The 2019 crew, at least so far Dwight Gooden Jersey , has proven much more capable away from Baltimore than the 2018 disaster. But now they’ll face their toughest test, heading to Tampa Bay to face the red-hot Rays, who hold the best record in baseball at 12-4. Even considering how spunky the O’s have looked on the road, they’ll have their work cut out for them in this three-game set.LinksOrioles split series with 8-1 win over Red Sox (updated) - School of RochPost-game quotes galore from the Orioles, including Brandon Hyde’s thoughts on the umpiring call that got him in a dander -- and got him ejected for the first time as O’s manager.Orioles rookie Richie Martin’s grandfather played with Jackie Robinson. On Monday, he wears Robinson’s number. - Baltimore SunYesterday’s Jackie Robinson Day held even more significance to Richie Martin, whose grandfather was a teammate of Jackie Robinson in the Negro Leagues. It’s a small world.Can Orioles Outfielder Cedric Mullins Break Out Of Platoon Role? - PressBoxOnlineFormer Camden Depot and Athletic blogger Matt Kremnitzer is now writing for PressBoxOnline, and here he weighs in on whether Cedric Mullins will ever be able to hit lefties. Heck, right now, he’s not even hitting righties.The 30: Coming off red-hot weeks, Rays and Astros rise to the top – The AthleticTwo weeks ago, Jonah Keri placed the Orioles 30th in his ranking of MLB clubs. This week http://www.brewersfanproshop.com/authentic-orlando-arcia-jersey , they’re 29th. Give it another 56 weeks or so, and the O’s will be right at the top!The Ex-Oriole report: How are last year’s Orioles faring in their new homes in 2019? - BaltimoreBaseball.comJoin me in catching up with all the Orioles from last year’s team who have gone elsewhere, from the Joneses and Machados of the world to the barely remembered also-rans.Orioles birthdays and historyIs today your birthday? Happy birthday! You share your big day with one current Oriole, Richard Bleier, who turns 32 today. Bleier, unfortunately, will have to celebrate while on the injured list. He’s currently sidelined by left shoulder tendinitis and isn’t expected to return for a while. Your other Orioles birthday buddy is 1972-73 catcher Sergio Robles, who turns 73.On this day in 2012, the Orioles beat the White Sox when Matt Wieters crushed a game-tying two-run homer in the ninth, and then cranked a grand slam in the 10th. It was the first of 16 consecutive extra-innings wins for the Birds after they’d lost their first two of the year. 0 Friday Rumblings left before Christmas"Hm... this is going to be a problem. Last week, we had a ton of content because of the Rule V draft. This week, not so much. BPKC is no more (pour one out for them). The Athletic is on their winter hibernation. Even the usually reliable Royals Farm Report hasn’t had content in a couple of days.Fortunately Jesus Aguilar Jersey , we get a national story as Jonah Keri is doing a check-in of every team and Kansas City is up:I have a feeling we might talk about this in the coming days. There are 11 players up for the Royals HOF:KC Kingdom’s Leigh Oleszczak writes about the “crowded outfield in 2019”:Royals great Joakim Soria is on the move again, this time to Oakland.Also in the “former Royal news” category, Jeff Sullivan at Fangraphs posits “There Have Been Two Trevor Cahills”:I don’t know if this information has been posted here yet, but Fox Sports has a story listing the games for the Royals Christmas Marathon.I’ll admit, sometimes we get lazy at The Best of Royals Review (TM).What does that mean?We just look at Will’s posting history, read a handful of the articles, and, inevitably, we end up on a classic.This week’s Best of RR: Watch Your Bako.This one was “famous” enough that it was mentioned on Fangraphs (ok, by Matt Klaassen, another RR alum, but that’s not the point). I’m just going to steal cite Matt’s words here:He goes on to quote Will’s work:The one liner movie reviews seem to get discussion going.How about we make this seasonal with tiers of Christmas specials?Tier I: How the Grinch Stole Christmas and A Charlie Brown Christmas - both sentimental favorites http://www.brewersfanproshop.com/authentic-orlando-arcia-jersey , both still beloved Emmy winners. The Grinch is more popular though both occupy the top spot in American Christmas lore.Tier II: Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer, Frosty the Snowman - the former was the first major Christmas special in 1964 and gave rise to the others. The latter is the last of the super popular quartet from the 60s.Tier III: Santa Claus is Comin’ to Town, The Year Without a Santa Claus, Twas the Night Before Christmas - This is where the list starts to fall apart a little. Each of these is from Rankin/Bass in the 1970s and gets a yearly showing but is not nearly in the same category as the R/B classics from Tier II.Tier IV: Mickey’s Christmas Carol, Emmet Otter’s Jug-Band Christmas - Two titans of entertainment try their hand at the Christmas special game, a few years after the R/B specials above. In fact, I might even be tempted to swap this and the above tier. The former is Disney doing one of the best interpretations of the Dickens classic while the latter is Jim Henson’s take on The Gift of the Magi.Tier V: The Cricket on the Hearth, The Little Drummer Boy - The other couple of Rankin/Bass cartoons from the 60s that get lost in the shuffle. I have to say I haven’t seen either in years. Maybe I should watch them in the next week.Tier VI: Sequels and/or crossovers of any of the above. Rudolph in dinosaur times? Rudolph and Frosty in the summer? Charlie Brown’s 4th Christmas outing? Probably best to avoid these.During this time of reruns, let’s go back and revisit Advance Wars.This time, it’s Sami’s theme.

nach oben springen

Besucher

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 2019 Themen und 3238 Beiträge.

Xobor Forum Software von Xobor
Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen