He wasnt able to lead the International team to a victory, but Graham DeLaet leaves his first Presidents Cup having gained a lot

in Warum es dieses Forum gibt und wozu ich das mache 24.06.2019 04:44
von carrie201918 • 685 Beiträge

He wasnt able to lead the International team to a victory, but Graham DeLaet leaves his first Presidents Cup having gained a lot of respect and plenty of praise. Thats especially true after winding up his Sunday in dramatic fashion by holing his final shots on 18 in both his matches. Its not as if Canadians werent aware of DeLaets talent; after all, hes been the top Canuck for a few years now. You knew hed become mainstream in his home country when you stopped hearing "De-Lay." Hard-core golf fans elsewhere have also known about his remarkable ball-striking and accuracy off the tee, evident just by looking at his name at the top of so many statistical categories. They also watched as he performed well in the FedEx Cup playoffs, his beard lengthening each week. But its fair to say that this event will be DeLaets coming out party to the rest of the golf world. TV announcers have been singing his praises all week with Golf Channels Brandel Chamblee calling him the best ball-striker in the world right now. Johnny Miller was positively gushing at his talents and even Jack Nicklaus gave a nod to the Canadian. "I thought he played great," said the Golden Bear. "I talked to him on the first tee today and I said to him, Graham, the way youve played this week, I think this will mean an awful lot to your career." Hes also gained the respect of both captains here this week. "Hes fun to watch," said Fred Couples. "He hits it a long way, he putts well. You know, hes just a very good player." "Hes a hell of a player," said Nick Price. "I think Canada has a lot to look forward to the next 10 or 12 years or so, watching him play, because hed definitely major championship material." The enthusiasm he displayed all week was positively effervescent. On Thursday when his partner Jason Day rolled in a winning putt, DeLaet almost took Days arm off with the high five. When his putt dropped on Sunday morning in the match against Phil Mickelson and Keegan Bradley he reacted as if hed just scored in overtime to win the Stanley Cup. He managed to do it again in his singles match against Jordan Spieth, this time holing it from the bunker to win his match 1-up. "I executed them both well, but theres some luck involved as well," he admitted. "I mean, its super exciting to finish like that; to win the match here and then to halve the match this morning, it makes it even better." In addition to all the attention, its clear to see DeLaet gained a bushel full of confidence playing this Presidents Cup. Not that he was short on self-belief, but matching games with the best Americans and being one of the top point producers on the International team can only help when he returns to action on the PGA Tour in a few weeks in Las Vegas. "I definitely believe that deep inside, I feel a little more confidence in myself now," admitted DeLaet. "These are the best players in the world and this American team is just loaded with talent. To be able to come in here and play well against them means a lot." While the individual performance was tremendous, DeLaet admitted to disappointment at not being able to help his team break the long drought in the competition. Despite a record of 3-1-1 for the Canadian, once again, the Internationals were humbled by the Yanks, losing 18.5 to 15.5. "Thats the thing. Were here as a team to try and win this thing as a team and its great to play well, but its going to be tough going into that locker room and seeing all those guys," said DeLaet. "I mean, Im sure well have a couple of drinks tonight and just celebrate the friendships and everything that weve made." Its quite clear that when DeLaet leaves that locker room and the Presidents Cup and Muirfield Village, hell do so as a different player. Things wont be the same any more. This is a bona fide star on the rise. Cheap Adidas Kings Jerseys . The move will give Hentgen the "time needed to support his family and his fathers current health issues," the Blue Jays said in a release. Hentgen spent 10 of his 14 big-league seasons with the Blue Jays, winning a Cy Young Award in 1996. Cheap Kings Jerseys Authentic . -- Arizona came out of its last meeting with California a bit discombobulated, hurting from its first loss and the loss of forward Brandon Ashley for the rest of the season. http://www.cheaplosangeleskingsjerseys.com/. 1 player in the world. So Duval gutted it out Thursday at the Byron Nelson Championship despite the pain from a muscle issue in his right elbow, a day after his stepson had to drive him because he couldnt even use that arm. Cheap Kings Jerseys . This week they discuss the Philadelphia 76ers, Gregg Popovich, Royal and Ancient Golf Club and Bill Belichick. Cheap Kings Jerseys China . The Maple Leafs may not have had a pick until the third round, but they have made the biggest move of the second day of the Draft, dealing defenceman Carl Gunnarsson and a fourth-round pick in the draft to the St. NEWARK, N.J. -- On a day that was marked by movement, there simply wasnt a trade available for Bryan Murray. So the Ottawa Senators general manager was only too happy to use the 17th overall pick on Edmonton Oil Kings centre Curtis Lazar on Sunday. "Obviously the biggest thing Curtis that is, is a competitive person," Murray said Lazar. "Hes been compared to me as a hard-nosed, competitive guy in the National Hockey League. He scores. Hes had a real good career doing that." Lazar recorded 61 points (38 goals and 23 assists) in 72 games with Edmonton last season. Fourteen of his 38 goals came in the final 20 games of the regular season. While the offensive numbers are strong, the organization views him as an all-around forward. "(Hes) the type of player we were looking for," said assistant general manager Tim Murray. "Hes a complete player. Hes gritty and competitive. He can play the game. "I think he has a very good offensive game. I think hes compared to those competitive guys like (Los Angeles Kings captain) Dustin Brown because they are complete players and have an offensive game to them, and they play with an edge. Added Tim Murray: "Hes not being compared to the energy players of the world of the National Hockey League. Hes being compared to guys with energy and grit and determination, but also the guys that score goals. I expect hes going to score 30 goals, for sure, for us. Hes certainly going to score skill goals. Hes going to fit into the mould that were trying to represent." Along with Lazar, the Senators took goaltender Marcus Hogberg, right-winger Tobias Lindberg, defenceman Ben Harpur, centre Vincent DDunn, right-winger Chris LeBlanc and centre Quentin Shore.dddddddddddd. More than being good fits for the Senators, the primary reason that all seven players are headed to Ottawa for prospect development camp is that nothing materialized over the weekend despite a hyper-charged marketplace. "As happens very often, and in particular the first round, if you have a decent position youre very reluctant to give that position up," said Bryan Murray. "I talked to some people that would have had to move a number of picks back to make it work for them. The price was quite substantial. I had a couple offers to move down as the draft was going on. We felt there was a player there that we didnt want to pass on, so we didnt move backwards. Its totally understood its tough to move." One area in which he made headway was with Daniel Alfredsson, as the Senators general manager said he spoke with Alfredssons agent, J.P. Barry over the weekend on a new deal for the Senators captain. "We talked about how we could get a deal done," Murray said. "We talked about term, threw numbers back and forth slightly. Nothing firm. Hes going to go back to Alfie and talk to him again. I will do the same thing on my part. Hopefully well talk in the next couple days." When pressed on the word term, Murray acknowledged the possibility of a multi-year contract for the 40-year old. "Not necessarily one year," Murray said. "I mean he might want to play 10 more years. Hes a guy that just seems to thrive on playing. It doesnt necessarily have to be a one-year deal. It may well end up being that but we may talk a little more." Cheap Buffalo Sabres Gear Wholesale Calgary Flames Jerseys Cheap Adidas Colorado Avalanche Jerseys Montreal Canadiens Outlet Store Wholesale New Jersey Devils Jerseys Adidas Arizona Coyotes Jerseys Cheap Adidas Boston Bruins Jerseys Cheap Adidas Carolina Hurricanes Jerseys Chicago Blackhawks Shop Free Shipping Wholesale Columbus Blue Jackets Jerseys Dallas Stars Shop Free Shipping Cheap Adidas Detroit Red Wings Jerseys Anaheim Ducks Jerseys China Wholesale Edmonton Oilers Jerseys Florida Panthers Shop Free Shipping Wholesale Los Angeles Kings Jerseys Minnesota Wild Outlet Store Cheap Adidas Nashville Predators Jerseys Cheap Adidas New York Islanders Jerseys New York Rangers Winter Classic Jerseys Cheap Adidas Ottawa Senators Jerseys Cheap Adidas Philadelphia Flyers Jerseys Wholesale Pittsburgh Penguins Jerseys Cheap Adidas San Jose Sharks Jerseys St. Louis Blues Winter Classic Jerseys Wholesale Tampa Bay Lightning Jerseys Toronto Maple Leafs Outlet Store Vancouver Canucks Outlet Store Cheap Adidas Vegas Golden Knights Jerseys Cheap Adidas Washington Capitals Jerseys Cheap Adidas Winnipeg Jets Jerseys ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 2019 Themen und 3238 Beiträge.

Xobor Forum Software von Xobor
Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen