TORONTO – Brett Lawries impending return from hamstring tightness creates a problem – a good problem – for manager John Gibbons.

in Warum es dieses Forum gibt und wozu ich das mache 19.06.2019 05:18
von carrie201918 • 685 Beiträge

TORONTO – Brett Lawries impending return from hamstring tightness creates a problem – a good problem – for manager John Gibbons. That is, how does he keep the red hot bat of Juan Francisco in the lineup when first base is taken by Edwin Encarnacion and Adam Lind is back as the designated hitter? "Maybe Francisco can play second," joked Gibbons. In all seriousness, Francisco has been a revelation for the ballclub since signing a minor league deal on April 2 and arriving in Cleveland to meet his new Blue Jays teammates on April 20. Coming off an 18-home run season split between Atlanta and Milwaukee last year, Franciscos already hit five in 61 at-bats for Toronto. He doesnt get cheated, either, having deposited one in the fourth deck of Rogers Centre, just above Paul Beestons name on the Blue Jays Level of Excellence. Franciscos slash line of .311/.403/.623 (1.026 OPS) is well above his career .248/.308/.447 (.755 OPS) but even if his history suggests his numbers will regress the longer he plays, until it happens, Francisco needs to stay in the lineup. "Right now were looking at everything," said manager John Gibbons. "While hes hot weve got to find a way to keep him in there somehow." The obvious play is to move Brett Lawrie to second base. It doesnt have to be permanent. Lawrie, should the decision be made, hopes its only temporary. "Im going to do it because its for the team but Im not necessarily amazed about it," said Lawrie. "Im a third baseman. Its where I play. Its what Ive been doing. Its what I did to work to get here. Obviously Francisco is swinging a hot bat but were going to have to find another way to get him in the lineup, who knows, but if I do get put at second base thats how it goes. Ill just do it for my team." Look at this hypothetical starting lineup with Francisco at third base and Lawrie at second base: Reyes – SSCabrera – LFBautista – RFEncarnacion – 1BFrancisco – 3BNavarro – CLind – DHLawrie – 3BRasmus – CF One through nine, wheres the easy out? The Blue Jays would be giving something up defensively with the realignment but Francisco has proven to be more adept at third base in Lawries absence than expected. "Ive been very impressed," said Gibbons. "I think that was his rap. His defence was the reason he never really established himself but we havent seen it. Of course hes not Lawrie down there but how many guys are?" Dont count on Saturday being Lawries return date. He took ground balls on Friday afternoon and participated in batting practice for a second consecutive day. Its part of the process of ramping up the effort level, testing his sore right hamstring. "Ive still got to do some other stuff baseball-wise," said Lawrie. "Ive still got to get up to relatively full speed to see how were doing. Ran on the treadmill today at a little bit higher pace so feeling a little bit better." Lawries willing to be a team guy. He also wants the appropriate recognition for his gold glove caliber play at the hot corner. "Im a third baseman," said Lawrie. "I worked my butt off to get where Im at. Im not saying its not going to help the team. Im here to do what it is to help the team but I worked my butt off to be that good at third base and continue to do what Im doing. I work everyday over there. Still continuing to get my work in and second base, it is what it is, man, its not what Im here to do. I worked my butt off to do what I do out there." Terrance Ferguson Jersey . Three pitches later, he was hugging Mike Napoli at home plate after his teammates winning home run. Napoli and Ortiz hit consecutive homers with one out in the 10th inning and the Boston Red Sox rallied past Minnesota 2-1 Wednesday, sending the Twins to their fifth straight loss. Wholesale Thunder Jerseys .C. - Alberta prop Andrew Tiedemann will captain Canada against Uruguay on Friday, the opening day of competition at the IRB Americas Rugby Championship. http://www.cheapthunderjerseyschina.com/...stbrook-jersey/. Ribery terrorized the Schalke defence throughout and put the home side ahead in the 36th minute when he chipped the goalkeeper before stroking the ball into the empty net. The French winger struck again after the interval, combining with Thomas Mueller on the left before firing a deflected shot beyond the helpless Timo Hildebrand in the 55th, as Bayern bounced back from Wednesdays 1-0 loss at FC Basel in the Champions League. Patrick Patterson Jersey . Even if he is shooting 38 per cent from the field overall this season, the Utah Jazz rookie always feels like his final shot is going in. Cheap Thunder Jerseys . Maria Silvia Bastos Marques, president of the EOM (Municipal Olympic Company), will be leaving her post but will remain as an advisor, a city hall statement said Tuesday. SUNRISE, Fla. -- The Boston Bruins domination of the Florida Panthers continued. Well, the Bruins are beating just about everyone lately. Torey Krug scored the go-ahead goal in the third period and the Bruins won their season-high fifth straight with a 5-2 victory over the Panthers on Sunday. Chad Johnson made 20 saves, and Chris Kelly, Jarome Iginla, Patrice Bergeron and Andrej Meszaros also scored for Boston. Bergeron also had two assists for the Bruins, who are 7-0-3 during a 10-game stretch on the road, their longest such point streak since 2010-11. The Bruins have taken 14 of 16 from the Panthers, including eight straight by a combined 33-10 score. Boston is now in first place in the Eastern Conference. "Weve worked hard to get ourselves back at the top of the conference," Bruins coach Claude Julien said. "By the looks of it, itll probably be a battle right until the end." Jimmy Hayes scored both goals for Florida, and Roberto Luongo stopped 37 shots. The Bruins broke a 1-1 tie on Krugs goal with 12:22 left the third. Krug took a pass from Brad Marchand in the slot and backhanded it past Luongo. "It seemed like their guys were a little bit tired and I thought I could jump up and beat a couple of guys," Krug said. "March made an unbelievable play and I was lucky enough to put it in." Three goals were scored in a span of 52 seconds later in the third, two by Boston. The Bruins stretched their lead to 3-1 on Bergerons goal with 6 seconds left on a power play. His one-timer went between Luongos pads at 11:21. "It was a big game for us. I think we played a solid road game and we came out with the two points," Bergeron said. The Panthers closed to 3-2 when Hayes found a loose puck in front and jammed in between Johnsons pads for his second goal at 11:42 for his first career multigoal game. The Bruins made it 4-2 on Iginlas goal 31 seconds later when his wrist shot went over Luongos shoulder at 12:13 for his 20th of the season and 550th career goal. Iginla moved into sole possession of 26th on the NHLs career goals list. Longtime Bruins forward John Bucyk is 25th.dddddddddddd Kelly scored an empty-netter with 1:02 left. The Bruins beat the Panthers for the second time in six days, including a 4-1 loss on Tuesday in Boston. "Theyre still a benchmark," Panthers coach Peter Horachek said. "Theyre still the team that we have to gauge ourselves by. Thats a message to our guys, thats where we need to be." The Bruins tied it at 1 on a power-play goal by Meszaros. His slap shot from above the right circle got past Luongo at 9:58. It was the first goal Luongo gave up in nearly 90 minutes since rejoining the Panthers for Fridays 2-0 win against Buffalo. Meszaros made his Bruins debut after being acquired from Philadelphia last Wednesday. "It was good to go out there and play. Overall, I felt pretty good and the two points is huge," Meszaros said. The Panthers took a 1-0 lead on Hayes first goal at the 7-minute mark of the second. Nick Bjugstad shot from the right side and Johnson made the block, but Hayes grabbed the rebound and wristed it into the open net on the stick side. The Bruins went after Luongo from the start. He faced 27 shots in the first two periods, with at least three hitting the post, including a deflection off the skate of Panthers defenceman Brian Campbell early in the second that glanced off the iron. "You have to give (the Bruins) credit," Luongo said. "They came out hard in the third and they created some scoring chances. I would have liked to have made a few more saves there at least to keep it a one-goal game, but they have some good players there who can make some plays. "Things kind of fell apart a little bit in the third." NOTES: Bruins F Daniel Paille left with an upper-body injury after being hit by Ed Jovanovski along the boards at 3:06 of the first and did not return. ... Corey Potter, claimed off waivers by Boston from Edmonton on Wednesday, was a healthy scratch. ... Bjugstad has five points the past six games for the Panthers. ... Panthers D Erik Gudbranson left in the third period with a lower-body injury and did not return. Cheap Buffalo Sabres Gear Wholesale Calgary Flames Jerseys Cheap Adidas Colorado Avalanche Jerseys Montreal Canadiens Outlet Store Wholesale New Jersey Devils Jerseys Adidas Arizona Coyotes Jerseys Cheap Adidas Boston Bruins Jerseys Cheap Adidas Carolina Hurricanes Jerseys Chicago Blackhawks Shop Free Shipping Wholesale Columbus Blue Jackets Jerseys Dallas Stars Shop Free Shipping Cheap Adidas Detroit Red Wings Jerseys Anaheim Ducks Jerseys China Wholesale Edmonton Oilers Jerseys Florida Panthers Shop Free Shipping Wholesale Los Angeles Kings Jerseys Minnesota Wild Outlet Store Cheap Adidas Nashville Predators Jerseys Cheap Adidas New York Islanders Jerseys New York Rangers Winter Classic Jerseys Cheap Adidas Ottawa Senators Jerseys Cheap Adidas Philadelphia Flyers Jerseys Wholesale Pittsburgh Penguins Jerseys Cheap Adidas San Jose Sharks Jerseys St. Louis Blues Winter Classic Jerseys Wholesale Tampa Bay Lightning Jerseys Toronto Maple Leafs Outlet Store Vancouver Canucks Outlet Store Cheap Adidas Vegas Golden Knights Jerseys Cheap Adidas Washington Capitals Jerseys Cheap Adidas Winnipeg Jets Jerseys ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 2019 Themen und 3238 Beiträge.

Xobor Forum Software von Xobor
Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen